Don’t believe the blurb, it took me hours. In fairness, I think the two issues that slowed me down were down to hosting it on a Windows box.
Firstly I encountered “specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of http headers”. I eventually found my answer via this post on the WordPress forums. It turns out that there’s a database access .php script (/wp-includes/wp-db.php) which needs to be replaced in version 2.3.3 if you’re running on a Windows server, although I notice the page mentioned in the forum is now unavailable so I’ve attached the .php file in case anyone else needs it.
The second error I encountered was something familiar to me as a more general IIS exception, namely “This virtual directory does not allow contents to be listed” when viewing the root directory of the site. In other words, IIS has been through its list of ‘default’ pages and hasn’t found a match in its configured list. Adding index.php to the list brought things to life instantly.
I have to say I’m very impressed now that everything’s up and running. I made the choice to use this particular engine because the feedback I’d read seemed to be mostly positive, and I can see why. The content management UI is slick, and I haven’t even scratched the surface of what it’s capable of.